The Purpose of the Camp Secretary
The purpose of the office of Secretary is to keep the minutes of the meetings and to carry on necessary correspondence for the Camp or Department.
(a) The Camp Secretary shall perform all duties pertaining to his office, keep all books of record, shall make duplicate annual reports to the Department Secretary on or before the 30th day of April upon the forms prescribed by the Order, and furnished by the Department Secretary, showing all gains or losses in membership and the total membership, one copy of which shall be forwarded together with the per capita dues, covering the entire membership, due from the Camp, to the Department Headquarters, the other copy to be placed on file in the Camp. He shall draw all requisitions upon the Treasurer for the expenditure of money, upon the order of the Camp, and submit the same to the Commander for his approval, keeping a book for that purpose.24
(b) The Secretary shall forward to the Department Secretary the Installing Officer's Report (Form 22) on or before February 15th of each calendar year. In the case of a camp-at-large, the Secretary shall forward the Installing Officer's Report (Form 22) to the Assistant National Secretary appointed to serve as the Secretary-Treasurer of the Department-at-Large on or before February 15th of each calendar year.
(c) The activities of the Camp Secretary should include:
(1) Taking minutes of each Camp meeting.
(2) Maintaining a book or file of minutes of past meetings.
(3) Reading the minutes of the preceding Camp meeting.
(4) Processing and responding to Camp correspondence.
(5) Notifying Brothers of meeting dates and location.
(6) Preparing Form 22, "Report of Camp Installing Officer", in duplicate and sending both copies to the Department Secretary.
(7) Reviewing for accuracy the annual "Life Member Reimbursement Form" (Form 10) that can be prepared by a Camp's Commander, Treasurer or Secretary.
(8) In conjunction with the Camp Treasurer, prepare and submit a "Camp Annual Report" (Form 27) in duplicate to the Department Secretary on or before April 30 of each year, with check for per capita and application fees, plus two copies of the membership application for each new Brother.
(9) Preparing and submitting a "Camp Status Report" (Form 30) in duplicate to the Department Secretary by the 15th day of the next month following any change in a Camp's membership after the annual report is filed. A check for per capita and application fees, plus two copies of a new Brother's membership application must be enclosed.
(10) Maintaining Camp membership applications and supporting documentation.
(11) Preparing credentials for those serving as Camp delegates and alternates to Department Encampments.
(l2) Maintaining the Camp seal and affixing it to Camp documents as needed.
The Purpose of the Camp Treasurer
The purpose of the office of Treasurer is to serve as custodian of Camp or Department monies and property, to keep accurate financial records and to prepare periodic financial reports. The Treasurer shall hold funds of the Camp and have charge of its property not otherwise provided for. He shall pay out the said funds upon requisition in due form from the Secretary, approved by the Commander; shall keep the accounts between the Camp and its Brothers; shall collect all monies due the Camp, giving in all cases receipts therefore; shall notify all Brothers in arrears; and at the next stated meeting after the close of each month, render to the Camp a detailed account of the transactions of the month, and the money balance in his hands. He shall make an annual report to the Department Secretary, and shall perform all such other duties as pertain to his Office.
The activities of the Camp Treasurer should include:
(a) Keeping the financial records of the Camp.
(b) Preparing a financial report to be presented at each Camp meeting.
(c) Preparing and sending dues notices to Brothers at least one month before the end of the Camp's fiscal year.
(d) Issuing membership cards to Brothers upon receipt of annual dues.
(e) Serving as custodian of Camp property not otherwise provided for.
(f) Maintaining a bank account in the Camp's name for Camp funds.
(g) Preparing a report on the financial condition of the Camp for review and approval by the Camp Council.
(h) In conjunction with the Camp Secretary, prepare a "Camp Annual Report" (Form 27) with check for per capita and application fees, to be submitted to the Department Secretary on or before April 30 of each year.
(i) Preparing and submitting a "Life Member Reimbursement Form" (for those Brothers who qualify) before March 31 of each year. Notifying a Brother who is in arrears for dues or fines, no later than March 31 of each year.
(j) Preparing and transmitting any and all financial reports as may be required by applicable state law.